Beware, we’re about to dive into the realm of TMI. Let’s talk about shaving.
For the past I don’t know how long, my shave regimen has been Olay body wash (it’s super moisturizing!) with my Venus razor. Imagine my delight, when I received the Venus & Olay razor in my Love VoxBox from Influenster.
- Venus’ five-bladed razors shave you close and adjust to women’s curves for a smooth and comfortable shave, even over tricky shaving areas like knees and ankles.
- Olay Moisture Bars contain skin-enhancing elements found in Olay products: Petrolatum helps lock in skin’s moisture for less dryness and Glycerin helps offer that goddess glow! Just wet the razor to release a light lather – no separate shave cream required.
- As with most Venus razors, new Venus & Olay also features a rounded, pivoting head designed for women’s curves, and a soft-grip ergonomic handle for confident control, even in wet and soapy environment
This razor is the love child of my two favorite shaving products. The moisturizing strips left my skin so smooth, and the five blades ensured a perfect shave. Also, the new holder for the razor is so nice and tiny – the one from my last Venus razor was bulky and always fell off my shower wall. If you like razors with built in moisture bars, this is the new Gold Standard, and I highly recommend it.
If you’re eager to buy, the razor is available starting tomorrow at food, drug, convenience and mass merchandise stores throughout the United States. Happy shopping!
There are a few factors that I especially loved about the Kiss nail decals compared to other brands. One brand I’ve tried in the past was a little difficult to apply. They were made of a gel-like sticker, that needed to be stretched onto your finger, and then given a few minutes to set. Nail Dress doesn’t dry out the way other polish strips can, so you can save them to use on your next DIY mani. With 28 strips in each package, you can cut up your extras to create designs that can be used on top of polished or artificial nails. A nail design booklet is included in each package, just in case you need a little inspiration.
And don’t forget about your feet! Nail Dress looks awesome on toes, too – just use the square side of the sticker for a perfect fit.
The Kiss decals went on very easy – you just stick them onto your fingernail, fold the extra material over the edge of your nail and file it away. The other bonus? The Kiss decals come with a nail file! this was such a pleasant surprise, since I was doing my nails at my mom’s house and didn’t want to run around searching to borrow a nail file. I checked out their website and I absolutely love the Peplum design:
Another bonus? Kiss Nail Dress decals are available at most drug stores. Nail Dress’ suggested retail is $6.99 and is available in all major drug chains and mass retailers like WalMart, CVS and Walgreens. I’m so happy I don’t have to search or order online. CVS here I come!
- It’s Friday, not Thursday. Awkward & Awesome is posted on Thursdays. I was too busy yesterday to blog and I cannot let another week pass without filling you lovelies in on the awkward and awesome. So my breaking tradition = awkward, but not unprecedented (yes, I’ve done this before).
- My first VoxBox from Influenster came today! Influenster is an online community where trendsetters can provide feedback on products. This should get filed under awesome – I’m so excited to be part of this program and share product reviews with you! But the theme of the box is Love, so the side has a bright pink sticker that says “Love VoxBox.” It’s just sitting pretty on my desk in the office and people are probably wondering what’s in the love box. I assure you it’s nothing naughtyJ.
- I woke up late for work this morning. Like SUPER late. I then proceeded to spend 15 minutes looking for my “Go The Extra Mile” Kate Spade bangle, only to find it on my desk when I got into work. Then I left my BlackBerry in a conference room for half a day. I wonder where I left my brain, because I’m pretty sure it’s not in my head.
- I’m staying in New York this weekend. Wahoo! I’m so happy to be here now that the weather is warming up. I’ve made a point to not make plans this weekend. I just want to wander and go to the park all day on Sunday. What are your weekend plans?
- I’m going to tell you all about my new blog next week. Are you excited? I am!
- Birchbox and Dermalogica are holding an event on March 15, and it’s right near my office! They’ll be giving complimentary skin analyses and treatments, and of course samples. The only problem is that the guest list is already full, so fingers crossed that some spots open up.
Have a great weekend everyone!