Here are my picks from the sale:
What will you get? Happy shopping!
As you probably know (because I won’t shut up about it), I leave for Europe THIS Saturday. So I really tried my darndest to resist temptation and not buy anything. But, I did just have a Birthday, and those who gave me money would probably like me to buy something nice rather than save…so I did get one little thing. First, here are all of my favorites from the sale:
I bought #3! Will you be shopping the sale?
What a wonderful week! First a Kate Spade flash sale, and now some serious girly goodness from Betsey Johnson hits the sale rack in NYC at the Millennium Broadway Hotel. Swing by starting today for up to 80% off everything from dresses to jewelry.
Expect evening dresses for $100 instead of $350, leggings for $25 marked down from $98 and cardigans as low as $40.
Here’s the address:
145 W 44th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue, Sixth Floor
The sale is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday and Friday (September 29, 30) and from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 1. Of course, you’re better off getting there early! As always, happy shopping!
Hello shopaholics! Today is your lucky day! After a grueling 10 hours of traveling home from San Diego, I had this lovely little email waiting for me in my inbox:
Bleh. I’m home sick. After a long shut-in weekend due to the lovely Irene, I don’t know how much more I want to see my apartment this week! So, here’s to hoping I suddenly feel better tomorrow so I can go back to work.
Between sneezes and sniffles and working from home today, I happened upon two little internet gems that made my day:
1. Kate Spade sample sale: up to 75% off. Enough said. Click the pretty little banner and start saving! Don’t forget 3.5% cash back through Ebates.
2. H&M’s e-commerce site is finally available in the U.S. I browsed through the site (which had too much traffic to load the first two times I tried to shop), and the selection is limited, but that doesn’t mean it won’t improve. Check it out and let me know what you think! Happy shopping!
Brooklyn Industries knows how to hold a sample sale, they should write a protocol for the rest of the world to follow.
In celebration of the new store opening in DUMBO, BKI is holding a sweet sample sale through tomorrow. I ran over yesterday after work and snagged a badass coat, a military-looking blazer a cardigan, a t-shirt, tights AND a blazer for the boyfriend – all 6 items for the grand total of $120.
I think the highest priced item is $40 and they have some seriously good finds. They have price lists visible everywhere and the price is by article of clothing (t-shirts- $10, women’s outerwear $40 etc.)
If you’re in NYC over the weekend don’t miss this!
Please excuse the two-week hiatus. My computer broke and work has been pretty busy so lunch-time posting wasn’t exactly an option. I had to cut down on my sample-sale stalking and everything!
BUT I’ve been making a point to play catch up. I purchased a looovely Betsey Johnson dress and watch on ideeli last week.
And today I went to the Gilt City warehouse sale with my friend Alycia. I bought a skirt to wear to my birthday next week, and she bought a whole bunch of great items.
So there’s an update for you. I promise a more legitimate post this week 🙂 Sorry again for being absent/lazy!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and happy shopping!!
Gah! This blizzard is getting me down. I’m working from home all week and have only left the apartment to go to the gym. I SO wanted to get some after-holiday shopping cardio in, but its just too cold and snowy and with my lack of balance the sidewalks are just dangerous!!
I’ve been getting bored of my online browsing so I was looking for something new. We’ve seen everything from sample sale sites like ideeli and Gilt Groupe, to membership sites like Kim Kardashian’s ShoeDazzle and Christian Siriano’s Send The Trend. I can’t help but feel a little jaded in my search for new web tools for shopping.
Twitter browsing led me to a splashpage for Bejool.com, and I have to say, I’m intrigued. Bejool, set to launch in January, promises reduced prices on designer jewelery. Until launch you can go to their page and enter your email address to win one of three designer jewelery items. What a brilliant way to get a mailing list ready for launch! I don’t mind though, I want those black pearls.
So click on over to Bejool and enter to win, then stay tuned for my review of their site upon launch.
Oh and on a side-note: I am looving ShopBop’s online sale right now. Enter 20MORE at check out for an extra 20% off. Happy Shopping!!
Everyone loves a good sample sale, right? Even though they’re a great way to save money on designer brands, I’ve come to find some extra anxiety involved shopping a sample sale. Just read these tips from about.com, and you’ll have a good idea of how sample sale shopping compares to a regular trip to the mall.
That’s why sample sale websites are my godsend, and have been becoming more and more popular in the last few years. These websites, just like a regular sample sale, feature items from popular brands, at extreme discounts. Item quantities are limited and the sales usually only last for a few days at the most.
Some sample sale sites are “invite only,” mimicking the exclusivity of an in-person sale by, but many of these sites are revamping so anyone can join. It would be redundant to write about all of the sample sale sites out there, so here is a summary of the three I check every day:
- Ideeli – I find myself ordering most from Ideeli. Membership is free for “second row.” New sales start at noon each day, but if you upgrade to a first row membership you pay a small fee to shop the sales an hour earlier. They also have weekly giveaways. Sales are available for men, women, kids and home. A newer feature is IdealACCESS, which features local sales for Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
- Gilt Groupe – These invitation only sales last for 36 hours. I love what they have for women, but this is my go-to site when I want to search for a gift for the boyfriend. They have Diesel often, and he loves Diesel. They also have children, home and travel sections. Most recently they opened a separate site called Gilt City (http://www.giltcity.com) which features local sales for Boston, Chicago, LA, Miami, New York and San Francisco.
- Rue La La – Membership to Rue La La is free and invite-only. Their “boutiques” are typically open from two to three days and feature all the same categories as Ideeli and Gilt Groupe. Their Local Picks are currently available in Boston and Seattle. And I just found out they have an Android and iPhone app (this may be a later blog post)!
The sites I check occasionally when the aforementioned three are not suiting my needs are:
I also just registered for Swirl by Daily Candy (http://www.dailycandy.com). Pleasant surprise: they send you a $20 credit when you join!
And other sites I know of but have not looked into yet include:
If you’re brave, in NYC and looking to go to a sample sale, check out NY Mag’s Calendar to help locate some good ones.
Ok, this entry was superlong. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! Any questions? Any comments/advice on the sites? I would especially love to hear about the ones I haven’t checked out yet. Also, did I miss any?
If you want, send invite codes for the one’s I’m not on yet in comments 🙂