- 2 bananas
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen strawberries
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen mangoes
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1.5 cups Almond Milk Kefir – love this stuff and what it’s done for my body and well being!! I can’t make a green smoothie without it!
- 2 droppers full of Vanilla Stevia
|Image courtesy of LindaWagner.net|
A colleague of mine recently entered the Mionetto Mixology Masters Challengein hopes of winning a VIP trip to Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, a Private VIP Tour at the Mionetto Winery in Italy, and most importantly, bragging rights.
- Go vote for the WhiteTea Bulger, and pass it on to anyone you know who likes a good drink.
- Try the recipe out this weekend!
- The ingredients are simple and easy to find. No funky purees, beverage “flakes” (what is that?!), or rare liqueurs. The white tea and Jameson are actually already in my kitchen.
- The procedure is also simple, making it easy to concoct while entertaining – there are just 5 quick steps to prepare.
- The flavor combination sounds natural and enticing. The tea and whiskey make it the perfect beverage to kick-off a night out, but the prosecco screams, “Hey! Forget the mimosa at brunch and drink me!”
- The name is clever. Here is the “inspiration” for the drink, courtesy of mionettomixology.com:
|Photo courtesy of mionettomixology.com|
I am having the most wonderfully lazy Saturday. I am not ashamed to admit that it is 3 p.m. and I am still cozy in my pajamas (I also swear that I am showering and getting myself together right after this blog post)!
- Two herbal tea bags (this will work with any flavor you prefer)
- One packet of Truvia (I like my iced tea sweet, but not too sweet)
- A few slices of lemon (I used 3 per liter, and squeezed a little extra lemon juice in at the end
Put teabags and sweetener in a glass/jar/whatever you want to brew your tea in. Heat water in a teapot, and once boiling fill jars (or whatever you’re brewing in) with water, about halfway so that the teabags are just submerged in the water. Add your lemons and let sit for 4-6 minutes, then fill the rest of the jar with room temperature or cold water. If you desire more lemon juice, go ahead and squeeze it into the jars, and then refrigerate and enjoy! I like my tea strong, so I left the teabags in for about 10 more minutes while cooling in the fridge, but the 4-6 minutes should do the trick.
Last week, my boyfriend broke my juicer. I have been CRAVING this juice that I found on Linda Wagner‘s blog ever since. Will someone please make it and enjoy in my honor?
- 1 peeled grapefruit
- 3 peeled oranges
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 inch knob or ginger
Juice and enjoy!
This weekend, my boyfriend Jamie and I packed up our things and ventured down to South Jersey for his mother’s birthday. Her birthday wish? A home-cooked meal. I quickly volunteered to create the side-dishes, knowing I had a few crowd-pleasing recipes up my sleeve: roasted cauliflower with cherry peppers, and our feel-good favorite, kale salad. I was excited to accomplish our goal of eating seasonably only four days into the month of March!
|Roasted Cauliflower with Hot Cherry Peppers and Breadcrumbs
(recipe courtesy of The Meatball Shop)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place cauliflower florets in a 9×13 baking dish. Add the olive oil and salt and toss, making sure the cauliflower is well coated
- Roast until the edges of the cauliflower beging to brown (about 15 minutes). Toss the cauliflower and continue to roast, tossing every 5 minutes , until tender but firm and well browned all over (about 10 minutes)
- Remove cauliflower from the oven, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the cherry peppers, pepper juice and parsley and toss to throughly combine. Sprinkle with the crushed croutons just before serving to ensure that they stay crispy.
And what good is a birthday without some birthday cake?
|Happy Birthday Dawn!|
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 med size apples – I used fuji
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 2 small lemons
- 4 Italian Sausages (casing Removed)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cheese