Happy Tax Day! I hope by now that everyone has filed their taxes and can take the short remainder of the weekend to relax (and maybe shop!). It seems that everywhere I turn there is a tax day sale going on.
I personally took the opportunity to stock up at Ricky’s, where they’re offering an extra 15% offpurchases of $20 or more. I bought my basic restocking haircare needs but also decided to indulge in a new color for my essie collection:
I also did some major damage at J Crew’s factory sale this weekend. Did you do any Tax Day shopping?
This month, Birchbox partnered with Teen Vogue to put together an exciting Birchbox for prom season. I may be nearly a decade from my last prom, but I can still get all dolled up, right? This was by far my favorite Birchbox since joining. Here are the goods:
1. tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint
: I’m obsessed with this product. Birchbox gave a full-sized sample, making the whole box completely worth the $10. I have this lip tint in a deep red and a light pink already. Birchbox gave me Joy – the stick looks orange but it goes on in a deep peachy color that is just perfect for welcoming Spring.
2. essie® Luxeffects Nail Polish
:I have to admit that I’m not a sparkle girl. Glitter and shiny things are great for accents every now and then though, so I will hold onto this full-sized goodie with the intent to step outside of my comfort zone sometime soon. If anything, I have my New Year’s Eve polish 9 months early.
3. Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
: This scent is absolutely beautiful. It’s very sweet and clean, but a little young – perfect for the prom-goer though!
What did you get in your Birchbox?
For some reason, this week feels like it is dragging. The mid-week messy weather is totally bringing me down, and I’m wondering why Mother Nature decided to tease us with such lovely spring like weather last week. Doesn’t she know this is how people catch the Blues?
- I have about three blog posts that are 95% written, sitting as drafts. I suddenly can’t finish anything I start! Finishing these posts is my goal for the weekend and now that it’s here on the internet for all of you lovely readers to see, I have to do it, right?
- Jamie broke my juicer this morning, and I’m totally letting it ruin my day. Juicers are expensive, and I use mine almost every day. I should probably just look at this as an opportunity to upgrade, but I so was not ready to do that yet.
- My friend Alycia shared this interactive map from the New York Times, and I feel so uncomfortable seeing the violations of some of my favorite restaurants. Cockroaches? No thank you. The difference between grade A and grade B is astronomical! It is good to be a knowledgeable consumer though –they need to turn this bad boy into an iPhone app.
- Alycia and I went to The Smith last night for dinner. It was my first time in their ‘new’ location in Midtown East, and it was just as good as the downtown original. The Smith is officially my favorite spot for girldates. From cocktails to dessert, dinner was perfection.
- Blogger Makenzie Horan of Design Darling launched her Design Darling Boutique today. I highly recommend hopping over there to see her selection of preppy interiors and accessories.
- My favorite NYC salon has a Bloomspot deal today! It’s $35 dollars for a haircut, style and Moroccan Oil treatment. You really can’t beat that in NYC. I bought this last time they had a deal and LOVED it! If you purchase, make sure you schedule you’re appointment with Nick, he’s the best.
Since I’m blue (da ba di) today, here are some other lovely blues for you: