- Two days ago I had my brother and sister over for dinner at my apartment. I bought Jamie a Meatball Shop cookbook for Christmas (which is incredibly awesome), and he decided to cook a recipe called “Grandma’s Balls.” This recipe was quite interesting, and produced delicious delicious balls. Why is this awkward? My brother is the pickiest eater I know. When we were little he would cry if a mustard bottle touched him. No joke – the BOTTLE not even the mustard. I refrained from telling him that there was chicken liver in the meatballs. I felt super guilty until I spoke with my mom and she said that he mentioned seeing the recipe in the book. I’m surprised he wasn’t more fazed by the secret ingredient, but now I’m evilly plotting to find a way to make him eat mushrooms or seafood.
- We still don’t have concrete plans for NYE. There are a bunch of parties/ bar outings, but for some reason we just can’t commit yet. New Year’s is two days away and I don’t even know how to dress, because I have no idea where I’ll be! How’s a girl supposed to pick out her finest sequins without knowing the dress code? Some ideas:
($90.90 – 10% off with code LATE10)
- The holidays were incredibly awesome. Boyfriend and I experienced a traditional Swedish Christmas Eve dinner with some of his family, and Christmas dinner with mine. And everyone decided to spoil me rotten this year. EVERYONE. Highlights include a new wardrobe courtesy of boyfriend, which includes Diesel, Free People and other random, lovely things, and a MacBook Air (!), from my parents! It was excessive in all the best of ways and I can’t even begin to list all of the other wonderful gifts from the wonderful people in my life! I hope that I made them all happy this holiday too!
- Jamie and I booked a trip this February for Paris, Prague and Copenhagen! I’m so beyond excited! Project find warm outerwear starts now! We’ll be staying with friends in Paris, and then venturing out to Prague and Copenhagen on our own. Recommended winter activities in these cities are more than welcome!
- EDIT: Also awesome, this website. Thanks Dave!