In her return to the blogging world yesterday, Amie (The Healthy Step-Mom) posted about willpower against cravings, and how difficult it can be. It was encouraging to read that even someone as fit as Amie battles with willpower every now and again.
When I’m feeling particularly tempted, I like to trick my body into thinking that I’m fulfilling its unhealthy cravings. Evil, I know – but it works! Wednesday, I felt like I was having dessert for breakfast when I replicated a blueberry lemon smoothie that my girl Deborah over at Delightfully Fit so generously instagrammed (yes, instagram is a verb now).
Here is her recipe, with my variations in parentheses:
- 1 banana
- Greek yogurt (plain) (I used approximately half a cup)
- Flaxseed (I replaced with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds)
- Blueberries (I used one cup, frozen)
- 1 lemon-ring slice sized rind (I put a whole, circular slice in – I wanted it to be very lemony)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I skipped this because my almond milk was vanilla)
- A splash of unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla almond milk, and put just enough to blend the mixture to my desired texture)
- Stevia (I used half a packet of Truvia)
The result was a tangy and delicious breakfast that reminded me of a trip to Pinkberry – my sweet tooth was satisfied for the day!
What are your healthy craving alternatives?