- I tried my luck at my first 90-minute hot yoga class this week. Never mind that despite hydrating thoroughly I still got dizzy and had to curl into child’s pose multiple times, the awkward is that my neon pink sports bra bled bright pink through my white t-shirt, onto the white towel, etc. Has this ever happened to you? I’ve washed this bra so many times, but I’m wondering if all the extra color could have been from the Color Run many many months ago. Regardless, walking around with the pink outline of a bra painted on your back is certainly an awkward way to end your Tuesday.
- There is a cars-hitting-cars epidemic going down on my street. I’ve seen a total of THREE cars carelessly bang around others in order to fit into parking spaces (or get out of parking spaces) where they don’t belong. I keep my car in New Jersey and you can bet big money that I won’t be leaving it on the city streets any time soon.
- This morning there was a dog barking his head off outside of an unopened pet store like he WANTED IN. Homeboy was craving his kibbles and bits, I guess. I passionately regret not videotaping it and uploading to Vine.
- Whitening your teeth with banana peels. Barefoot Blonde explains how in this YouTube video:
Also, I read that if you have trouble opening bananas – you know, when the stem gets all bendy and just won’t break – you should do it like a gorilla would: pinch the BOTTOM of the banana, it pops right open! This was enough to amaze me, but I’m easily amazed.
- Three weeks ago I switched jobs, returning to the job that I LOVED but left about seven months ago. Last week, I was eating out with a friend and our waitress brought over two flutes of champagne from, “the gentlemen at the bar.” Oh, the excitement! My thoughts: I don’t even look good today, no one ever randomly buys me a drink, I only see this happen in movies! I looked up and saw two old colleagues at the bar, wanting to wish me good luck on my return. It was so sweet, I was tickled pink. This was a moment that I will not soon forget.
- Bad Books! I saw Bad Books at Bowery Ballroom last night and they KILLED it. I was able to take one decent video from the show:
If you’re not a fan yet, you can stream their whole album on their website. Give it a listen and you will be hooked.