- ONLINE VERIFICATION CODES. Does anyone else have trouble with these? I promise I am not a robot, robots could fill these things out better than I can! I cannot read the scrambled letters; it takes me two or three attempts every time I try to prove that I am a warm, living body that wants to comment on a friend’s blog. Usually, once one that is easy enough for me to do pops up, I wind up adding a typo of some sort and have to do it all over again.
- Sinuses. Seriously, what are they good for, except getting infected every season-change? If you guessed that I am sitting at home with a sinus infection right now, DING DING DING – you are a winner!
- Sad news came today, a very dear family member passed away. In the midst of intermittently sobbing, eating Shake Shack and scrolling facebook, I came upon a friend’s status that honestly helped a bit, even if for a short moment. I had resolved not to blog about things so personal, but I am sharing the status, just in case it could help anyone else out there feel better during a tough time:
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be, so He put His arms around you and whispered: “come to me.” With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, We could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest, God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.
Now that I’ve probably made you all sad, let’s turn this post around, shall we? Awesome things that made me happy this week:
- Jamie and I went on a random, for no reason date Tuesday night, and I found a new favorite cocktail spot on the Upper East Side: Jbird Cocktails. A proper blog post is in the works.
- These boots:
Jamie got these puppies for me something like two or three Christmases ago. I had never seen anything like them, not even around NYC. They’re Turkish and hand-stitched, and I’m always so afraid to ruin them, that I don’t wear them nearly enough. I finally brought them out of hiding this week, and smiled every time I looked at my feet.
- Target and Neiman Marcus’ holiday collaboration with all of my/your favorite designers. Read this post for more info!
What’s the most awkward experience you’ve had this week?