Do you ever feel like you’re in a hamster wheel? Round and round it goes until you stop to go to sleep. And then you wake up and hop right back on. I’ve been feeling this way on and off for a few weeks, but today I finally feel like I’m setting my own pace. I want to “spring clean” everything (!), and I think that’s the antidote to my hamster wheel feeling.
Anyway, if that isn’t an awkward way to start off an awkward & awesome post, I don’t know what is.
- My volume of posting has gone down down down. I think about my blog and you readers all the time. I take pictures, I draft ideas for posts…but do they make it to the web? Not so often. I have “posting block,”…or maybe “blogger’s block?” Is that a thing? Can anyone relate? Am I…insane? (Probably). I’m also feeling some serious deja vu right now. Have I had this problem before?
- I started working with a personal trainer last week. While I’m proud that I’m making this commitment to getting in better shape, I will never get over how embarrassing it is to do burpees in front of people (or at all). Good thing I usually go at 7a.m. when the gym is pretty much empty.
- And the most awkward of all – I had something incredibly, wonderfully knock-your-socks-off awkward to share with you. It’s the reason that I started drafting this post, and now I can’t remember what it was. It is killing me. Short-term memory of a goldfish? Awkward.
- Television is awesome. So many shows, so little time. This sounds lazy and counter-productive, but I don’t care one little bit. I am loving everything on HBO and Showtime right now. Cheers to being a Sunday night couch potato.
- Like I mentioned, it’s officially Spring cleaning time and I’m starting with my closet. This weekend I will undergo an organizing spree, and then I will plan my belated assault on Spring shopping. Look forward to some updates on everything I’m coveting, buying, getting rid of, etc.
- I’m also planning some diet ‘spring cleaning’ and am contemplating a raw food cleanse. Read my blog post in Feel Good Foodies about refocusing on health this month. Have you done a cleanse? How did it go?
- The new arrivals at Kate Spade are too wonderful. I WILL update with my favorites soon.
That’s all for now. No promises, but I’m going to definitely try to post more next week.