For some reason, this week feels like it is dragging. The mid-week messy weather is totally bringing me down, and I’m wondering why Mother Nature decided to tease us with such lovely spring like weather last week. Doesn’t she know this is how people catch the Blues?
- I have about three blog posts that are 95% written, sitting as drafts. I suddenly can’t finish anything I start! Finishing these posts is my goal for the weekend and now that it’s here on the internet for all of you lovely readers to see, I have to do it, right?
- Jamie broke my juicer this morning, and I’m totally letting it ruin my day. Juicers are expensive, and I use mine almost every day. I should probably just look at this as an opportunity to upgrade, but I so was not ready to do that yet.
- My friend Alycia shared this interactive map from the New York Times, and I feel so uncomfortable seeing the violations of some of my favorite restaurants. Cockroaches? No thank you. The difference between grade A and grade B is astronomical! It is good to be a knowledgeable consumer though –they need to turn this bad boy into an iPhone app.
- Alycia and I went to The Smith last night for dinner. It was my first time in their ‘new’ location in Midtown East, and it was just as good as the downtown original. The Smith is officially my favorite spot for girldates. From cocktails to dessert, dinner was perfection.
- Blogger Makenzie Horan of Design Darling launched her Design Darling Boutique today. I highly recommend hopping over there to see her selection of preppy interiors and accessories.
- My favorite NYC salon has a Bloomspot deal today! It’s $35 dollars for a haircut, style and Moroccan Oil treatment. You really can’t beat that in NYC. I bought this last time they had a deal and LOVED it! If you purchase, make sure you schedule you’re appointment with Nick, he’s the best.