So, I’ve been seeing a lot of these “Awkward and AwesomeThursdays” posts around the web, and I think it’s time that I jump on board. I’m significantly awkward and equally awesome, so it’s only appropriate.
So here it goes, awkward and awesome for the week:
- My dad is planning to come into the city this weekend (HALLOWEEN WEEKEND) to attend some meditation seminar, and he wants to crash at my apartment. Normally I would file this under AWESOME. I love my dad, he’s a good time. But Halloween weekend is no bueno. Daddy doesn’t need to see that his little girl is out partying until all hours of the night. Oy.
- Second awkward item: my boyfriend wants to go to NJ for Halloween. Of course I want to go with him, but I don’t even have the choice because my costume doesn’t work on its own. I’m John Wilkes Booth! I need to shoot Honest Abe all night.
- Last of all – went to a prestigious members-only place for cocktails last night. I realized while digging through my purse on the subway this morning that in my tipsyness I decided the monogrammed soap dispenser would look better in my bathroom than the club bathroom. It doesn’t look so good in my purse though – I think I will go return it. Oops. Awkwarrrd.
- Halloween parties this weekend AND I get to reenact history – AWESOME.
- I won Panic! At The Disco tickets for this Sunday
- Cocktails at said members-only club were lovely, and in good company
- I went to the chiropractor for the first time in my life today because I have “I’mtooeffingyoungforthis” style back pains. He literally cracked every bone in my back and I feel AWESOME!